Thursday, January 22, 2009

Okay, okay. No more Cheese

After lots of advice and a few articles, I have decided to try both gluten and dairy-free for the next few months. (See there, I can't even commit to six months with no cheese.) *frown*

Oh well. I do want to be healthy... well, healthier. I still don't want to start jogging.

I made a gluten-free chocolate cake from a Bob's Red Mill mix, but it was really disappointing. It's been sitting in my cake stand for several days now. And you know, if I leave a chocolate lying around, there really must be something wrong with either me, or the cake. I think the mix had too much soy flour in it. Though I like soy milk, I can't stand the taste of soy flour. So, now I either have to find a mix with no soy flour or start experimenting with gluten-free flours on my own to find a mix I like.

I think I may give up on baking until my self-imposed dairy ban is over. I know I could mix in applesauce instead of shortening, but I just don't have the energy to start experimenting. Not when Tom is looking over my shoulder at the grocery bills. (I love you, honey.)

Besides that, I'm asking for a Kitchen-Aid stand mixer for my birthday in July, so I might as well wait until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment